We Will Not Be Silent.
June 2, 2020
Do not confuse the response of the oppressed with the violence of the oppressor.
We are here to inspire our communities and use our voices, our bodies, our brand, and our platform to help this wave of change materialize into something lasting.
We chose four affluent, and mostly white communities, where many are removed from the ongoing police violence and economic suppression of the black and brown communities. We brought messages of change and love right to their front doors, unavoidable as we walk our blocks. We wanted to provide a message of change, hope, reality, and love with the best way we know how; with flowers and art.
We encourage and hope that our communities will add to each of these floral tributes with your own expressions of love, art, flowers, support, and solidarity. The time to act was decades ago, but the next best time is now.
You can find these murals at the addresses below:
- 312 West Chestnut
- 1914 West Chicago
- 1875 North Damen
- 1651 West North Avenue
If you are looking for more ways to support and end these injustices, there are organizations and bail funds that need our support. Please lend your hand and your voice to drive change and begin healing our communities.
- The Minnesota Freedom Fund is bailing out protesters arrested in the demonstrations. Donate here.
- The Chicago Community Bond Fund is bailing out protesters. Donate here.
- Greater Englewood Chamber of Commerce, cleaning up the city. Donate here.
- Black Lives Matter Chicago who is supporting activists on the ground. Donate here.
- Unicorn Riot: a non-profit media organization dedicated to fair, on-the-ground reporting on civil disobedience, police brutality and white supremacy. Donate here.
- The petition for Justice for George Floyd. Sign here.